Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Movie Review: Bad Biology




I'll make this short and sweet, I really really hated Bad Biology the new long awaited feature by Frank Henenlotter. This is the guy responsible for alot of flicks near and dear to any mutant or gore fans heart so it was very annoying to me that it wasn't at least sort of good. I can't say I didn't see it coming though unfortunately and with his other films which are all genius like The Basket Case Trilogy, Frankenhooker and Brain Damage. All of them usually feature Beverly Bonner, Zacherely and Belial(well he was in the dvd extras). And they all have this sleazy quality and depraved sense of humor all done in a good natured style. And ridiculous subjects like mutant siamese twins drug inducing turd shaped talking slugs and reanimated hookers and don't forget SUPERCRACK were pulled off in seamless and believable ways by the same person responsible for this new film, so then what happened?
I want to blame the new trend of submiting to the urban hiphop crowd which is a smart idea considering they are the biggest fans of exploitation without being aware of it. I see that Buddy G went this route with "Life is Hot in Cracktown" but here it comes off very piss poor. I guess no one can keep that kinda magic going forever. Do what I did and turn on the commentary.
So too bad another signature style flushed down the toilet maybe next time.



during the good old days



I have to blame this dude for Bad Biology he did put up the financing

No comments:

Post a Comment