
On a warm day and a cold night like this my mind wanders to a less stressful time when I used to hibernate in the beer fridge at ABC Fine Wine & Spirits. I would slug the boxes around stacking them in such a way so I could hide in a corner. The best part was that I got to sample so many flavors of beer even expensive belgian ones that were heavy as fuck. This is where I first tried Newcastle(which isn't the same after Bud bought them), Guiness, Hornsby Cider,Strongbow Cider and Belhaven Scottish Ale. That last one was impossible to find in Florida but is available easily in california. My pal Leonard and i used to pour tiny airplane liquor bottles into the Stewarts Orange sodas or Rootbeer and drink while we were on the clock.Although we usually waited until the manager left. Later, sadly the actually guy who was an alchoholic but never drank AT work got fired. That droopy faced loveable fellow was named Bill,he used to bring us Boston Market meatloaf(maybe that's why i have such a weak stomach now). Another Meat related thought- I challenged my stomach to a duel when I used to drive down to Burger King and get the extreme double Cheeseburger with a sticky napalm cheese sauce all kinds of cheese slices and more cheese after you ate it you felt like your stomach would reject it.I worked on New Years eve on Y2K and knew it was total bullshit, but was a tiny bit afraid.
Drinking was such an event at the time and only done home alone in my old room in front of my midget tv watching scratchy old videos or late night tv and mostly porn later on(same now and then). The best part about the frosty beer fridge was that i got the best reading done at the time, those Crypt Records updates came in the mail and were always sarcastically awesome to read, Tim Warren is one of my heroes. I read "Please Kill Me" for the first time, letters I would get from penpals I used to tape trade with(I still miss that).Every summer i go through the depression and the self loathing, but I have an attack plan that hopefully will work and involves therapy, so i may not be as bitchy and pissy but still irked about certain things or people.Blah feel sorry for me,like you don't have your own problems.
No comments:
Post a Comment