
On vacation from Orlando to Pompano Beach I got slappy and over tired on many a drive, I'd make up stupid songs, come up with genius plans and make fun of billboards. This is one I just remembered tonight: Lulu famous for her tender and smaltzy pop ballad "To Sir with Love" I discovered via my hip sister, that LULU in her heyday was one kickass bloodcurdling rockin screamer with her band The Luvvers, they covered shit all over town like Surprise Surprise(Stones),Heatwave,Shout and Dream Lover the song in question that I came up with a goofy scenario one day on a slappy sleep deprived trip. These covers bashed the living shit out of the originals, just really top notch! When I heard The chunky redhead's version of Dream lover, I imagined she would call up Bobby Darin late one night and threaten him over the phone. going something like this
"Hey Bobby I got your motherfucking song with a gun to it's head and there's nothing you can do about it" (Lulu)
(Bobby Darin) "Oh Plleaaaasssee let her go, I'll do anything I'll wire you some money right now"
(Lulu) too late I'm gonna fuck the shit outta your song and leave it for dead HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH Click........
Just imagine Kevin Spacey in the Bobby Darin role(man he really fucked over that guy's reputation, at least for me) He was a swingin hepcat before old light in the loafers decided to mangle his old corn ball nonsense and Mack the Knife. Don't trust Lulu with her innocent and trusting demeanor she is a hellcat (and pretty foxy too) Some turkey uploaded a music video of Dreamlover by Lulu with pictures of their baby so unfortunately you will have to suffer
VID
No comments:
Post a Comment