Check out Netflix right now because among the price hiking and bitching, Blueunderground Fans should rejoice because this month they are showcasing The Bill Lustig run media giant Blueunderground! I have been watching some much good shit lately! The best one so far is "Live like a cop, Die like a man" directed by ultra sleazebag Ruggero Deodato.It's armed to the teeth with all of Deodato's mental ticks(minue cannibals of course) but among the ticks are misogyny,torture of inncent people and scummy cops who are the heros you must identify with. It's so great!
I dig all the Italian police themes and the best one to start with is this one over at IC headquarters. However one of the major problems with these films is that they hardly live up to the themes. I've just started getting into them and so far there have been a few duds(like Caliber 9) I'm still gonna watch a couple and hopefully more will be good.
I really liked Streetlaw too with Franco Nero and he gets bitchsmacked alot! This is what makes it so awesome and his stupid friend who leads him into traps where he gets more beatdowns then a punching bag. The music is great too! Drivin all around will be in your head all day and then you'll have to drive it out with another song.This is a nice treat before I have to go back to stupid college and make something of myself! It's great how all these italian cannibal/zombie directors all had to dredge up these police action films. Umberto Lenzi,Lucio Fulci,How did Dario argento get away with not having do make one? Enzo Castalleri(Bronx Warriors). Anyway I guess it comes with the Italian ripoff package,which includes Barbarian movies,Escape from NY/Mad Max and Exorcist.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI think Netflix just wants to scare the crap outta me by constantly suggesting super scary Italian horror movies and making whole columns in my Instant menu.
ReplyDeleteHow is "Don't Torture A Duckling"? I'm too scared to watch any of that stuff. Holy crap, look at the cover!
I'll send your "Suspiria" DVD on Friday when I get paid.
it's good, a little slow but it has an awesome gigantic puppet that's head explodes while it falls down a hill. The payoff is worth sitting through the slowness.
ReplyDeleteyikes
ReplyDelete