
Now that the onslaught of comicbook and fantasy films have been unleashed and are a plague that's here to stay like or not, it's time for me to confess something. I hate my own people, that is to say I hate comic book nerds I hate most movies based on comic books unless they are really over the top good (and the Dark Knight doesn't count). All this comic book culture makes me feel more alienated from it. All the dorkiness and rampant snobbery is too much for me to handle.I also realize alot of it was worse or better than it is now but still I got to vent. And yeah I can ignore almost all of it but the only reason I'm blathering on about it is because someone who was terrible(when he had a show called "Spaced" that everyone else loved but me) and became a great director is making a new comic book film called "Scott Pilgrim vs the World", I'm talking about Edgar Wright and Kick-Ass is coming out too both look absolutely fucking horrible. I don't feel a kindship to other comicbook nerds like I do with Gorenerds because gorehounds or nerds know when something is awkard and cringe inducing like "Buffy The Vampire Slayer" or "Tank Girl" or about a truck load of others. Sci Fi/Comic book geeks have zero idea when something is totally lame of not worth suffering through. They put on self diluting blinders and shield their brain from massive amounts of "not all that funny". They may be the reason the Venture Brothers has lasted so long. With Gorehounds it's the known fact that all exploitation is dealt with you know what you're getting into so if something is too far off or extreme the better. With Sci Fi and comics it's overly smart characters with diarrhea of the mouth and kitschy 90's style of girls with pink hair or tattoos which to them are still seen as relevant or original. It may also have something to do with the 90's and how awful they actually were(but at least they were better than the 2000's). Keep in mind I own alot of Spiderman villian shirts and Marvel Comics junk and totally love it all so obviously I'm a self hating comicbook fanantic. But there is a difference between fluorescent colored garbage and just plain stinky fucking garbage that needs to be drug out to the curb. This debate will collide and combust and be rehashed till time stops not unlike Star Wars VS. Star Trek, but at least the culture of yesteryear will survive, oh wait it won't because of shitty remakes but that a whole nother ball of wax.
this pic. was stolen from brideofawesomeness (NSFW) which is much greater than my crummy blog
No comments:
Post a Comment