Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year 2009: Late night Tv




What a better way to start off the new year then a late night showing of "Carnival Of Souls", which I saw it originally with a double feature of Dementia 13 thrown in for good measure.But here it has resurfaced again (2009 with my wife here and fast asleep,where as before I was all alone and feeling all by myself in the world,when I first saw it) with none of the film's gravity deminished, meaning it still holds up as well as it did when i first saw it. The spookiness still holds up! Pre- Night of the Living Dead and pre-Zombie movie, even(unless you count White Zombie),these being undead ghosts dancing in a haunted palace forever locked in a unearthly nightmarish prom. Check out the tribute in "Jesus' Son" which Samantha Morton in the Candace Hilligoss role(there I go again with her,well I guess you could say I have a small crush on her,even though in some pictures,she's hard to look at,an off and on pretty). I love the relationship between the sleazy hillbilly("Happy Worker with the greasy eye) and Mary(Candace),and how she is walking dead in limbo and cannot feel human love,whereas if she were alive,why would she feel anything for such a lecherus creep at all. There's so much I like about that movie! How Herk Harvey(who also stars as the following Grampa Munster looking ghoul) payed non-actors in Lawrence Kansas 25 dollars to act in his film. Carnival Of Souls is a film that I still enjoy and one that never gets old for me.Kofy cable tv is playing it and it looks like they are starting up a late night monster movie program,can't wait for the next one.

I wrote this last night and thought it would look all mangled,but it actually turned out ok.I had a terrible all day hangover though.

Red Red Wine 2009 here's a song to start off the new year
Don Powell & Ennio Morricone: I am a Cannibal

No comments:

Post a Comment