The Beyond was on
TCM tonight! it was amazing and I have been waiting to watch it on
dvd but cable
tv is even better! When something is on TV it's more special, because you know some kid out there will discover a new classic. Does that really happen anymore though? What with the new
fangled intranet and the
texting? Kids nowadays only watch
tv in between playing
videogames and posting embarrassing shit up on
youtube! I'll put my
cynicism back under the floorboards for tonight because Ted Turner went completely mad and bought the rights to air Lucio
Fulci's often misunderstood and genius, some would say H.P. Lovecraft inspired horror classic. The Lovecraft connection must come from the scriptwriter
Dardano Sarcetti who I mentioned in my long winded review of another classic "House by the Cemetery". The references to Lovecraft are littered throughout the Sarchetti penned Fulci flicks another obvious one is Gates of Hell (or City of the Living Dead). The first time I saw The Beyond was when it came in a huge box with fake Tales from The Crypt cover art under the title 7 Doors of Death( for more on how many different versions and alternate titles of The
Beyond consult
The Cinema Snob).

this image was stolen from this awesome blog
Paracinemacool interview with
Catriona Macoll
No comments:
Post a Comment