Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Best of Myspace: Italian Films



I got hacked awhile ago on myspace and have been meaning to post more bullshit but couldn't.Blogging is the most disgusting self serving thing ever created.


So lately it's like I'm back in middle school again.I've been reading my dogeared copy of Deep Red(on the subway) and been only into soundtrack music and italian horror films.I still hate the cannibal genre but continue to love to read about it and be obsessed over the fact that it existed and is still highly regarded(at least among weirder horror fans on the internet).Yesterday in film class we were starting to learn(briefly) about italian neo realism, to which when I saw some clips, I automatically recognized the same exact trends that were carried over into the westerns and the Fulci /Argento stuff.Out of synch dubbing of everyone, real locals(Fulci used the ugly people ever born) people that should've been cast out of their small villages for the hound-dog looks and hooked teeth.I guess there are exceptions(the girl with the giant splinter in her eye was pretty and Catriona Mccall,sure).Brutal violence towards animals.It's all present.
This movie called Umberto D was the freakin sadest shit I've ever seen.If I want to torture myself, I'll sit through that one again.(I've since watch it a few times and wasn't as sad as I thought I'd be)
The best part about re-reading this Deep Red book again is that I'm starting to notice writing that's off the topic and a phrase my teacher constantly uses over and over again,"Mise-En-scene" used to describe the atmosphere of Nightmare City in the book.
There's a new book about exploitation movies(with the guy from Don't Go in The House" on the cover.I need to get that book.So my birthday weekend/valentines day continues last weekend we trekked out to the suburbs in a rented car(it's the funniest time ever to drive on the road when you haven't driven forever)We rented it to buy a desk and a tv and a scanner(which is why you see baby pictures of me on here,kinda not smart but what do I care).
So we also went to RED ROBIN which was like eating a giant sythetic(genetic reconstructor and put through the David Cronenberg "Fly" machine to appear real) then rolled in fine toasted onion salt(it tasted like a giant onion in lowery season).
I finally found my favorite bar in san franny "the phoenix" where they have everything "good" on tap and the people watching is fantastic.
This is from IMDB about Make them die slowly(or Cannibal Ferox)
Though his character kills an animal in the film, Giovanni Lombardo Radice(John Morghen) strongly objected to the animal killings and refused to participate in them (a double had to be used). Director Umberto Lenzi tried to convince Radice to do the killings by telling him, "De Niro [Robert De Niro] would do it," to which Radice responded, "De Niro would kick your ass all the way back to Rome."

No comments:

Post a Comment