Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Best of Myspace: Tivo vs The Cable critic





so Tivo is so awesome it's eating up most of my time(which is alot now since school(and my library job) are on hiatus)(Life is just a series of re-occurances for me,cause the exact thing is happening again concearning my job,except now there's this recession thing too) I've gotten to know the ratings guy of comcast cable very well.He despises 42 street style trash:Vice Squad one star,Brotherhood of Death nonreviewed,Garbage pail kids one star.Any oscar take-awayer 4 stars automatically(Capote? Shakesprere in love) total dreck in my opinion(actually can't sit through either of them) but nontheless: not deserving 4 star material here(even for those who've seen them I'm sure.or am I wrong?)You dont deserve the whole prize just because some old wheelchaired committee(or the academy) thinks your special that year.Whatabout Jerry Maguire(havent seen it reviewed,but I'm sure since someone won an oscar(Cuba Gooding Junior?) it may have gotten the Big Blue Ribbon?So Back to my point, the tivo guy and the ondemand guy are complete polar opposites I'm slowly noticing.I just taped "The Burning" tonite and actually it was a unamimous score,1 star from both parties.Although the Tivo robot or is it a human critic sitting behind the mask thathas a similar brain to mine(Vice Squad 2 and a half) thats bloody generous! I myself think it deserves a single star(mainly for wayy too much female torchure scenes).The Warriors on the otherhand the Tivo totally lost me 2 and a half stars? Fuck that! So if your out there comcast critic! show yourself I want to meet you.As for the robot dont reveal yourself I'm too afraid of a "DemonSeed" type realization come true(and thats just messed up).

the Demon Seed baby(or what would happen if human mated with cable or computer)

So IFC is trying to wriggle it's way back into my heart by showing some new slasher movies that I wouldv'e had to track down(Eaten Alive,The Burning and Madman) nice going! Keep it up!

the comcast cable headquarters



the Comcast Cable critic(who gave "Gods and Monsters" 4 stars!obviously this dude's got a hard-on for Brendan Frasier)

update:Tivo has since eaten my brain much like cocaine and turned me into a junkie that hardly values tv but just needs a new fix everyday otherwise I become cranky.At least it's not actual drugs, so nobody thinks I'm a total loser.
IFC still sucks but sometimes they are good for a lost asian horror movie(like Goke the Bodysnatcher from Hell which ruled!, Hausu and an occasionally good Samurai
flick) TCM has toned town it's cult movie status but still reigns supreme in braveness(World's Greatest Sinner,RatFINK a Boo Boo,BloodFreak?)

No comments:

Post a Comment