Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Best of Myspace: Art Dicks, A New Wave of Cinema


So I went to see Mr. Lonely The new opus from Harmony Korine, who it's over for, he's done. I mean he got by with his cutesy movies stuff in the 90's, but come on man it's over for the 90's those years are long fucking gone, say goodbye, fairly well flannels and all the rest! It occurred to me that Korine is a genre of filmmaker which has yet to be discovered and I'm coining this term "Art dick" film making. Vincent Gallo is the only other filmmaker to work in this field as well and possibly Morgan Spurlock (although I don't consider his films in the art category) He's just a dick so he qualifies. All these fellows have the same drive to annoy the fuck out of anyone present in attendance at any of their films. This used to be R. Kern's calling card, but he's another 90's relic nobody remembers. Be it celebrity impersonators doing absolutely nothing funny or entertaining or filming a pointless race car driver movie around a BJ from Chloe Sevigny (oddly enough Harmony's Korine's former girlfriend, coincidence???) and finally a funny novelty mustached guy who's goal in film, is too bring the truth to the public with things they already know is bad for them and patting himself on the back for unveiling the truth (with a movie and a TV series). Werner Herzog obviously has a boner for Mr. Korine otherwise why would he appear again in his latest minor-piece? Acting again no less! like he did in Julien Donkey Boy. The only good thing I got out of the movie was there was a preview for a new Guy Maddin film about Winnipeg, which is a biopic that looks rad!(I later ordered this on demand and I was not disappointed).Oh yeah and Samantha Morton looked really attractive.
For Vincent Gallo all the proof you need that he is a talent less dick is to go to his website where he sells his sperm to white people only! I think someone ghost directed "Buffalo 66" and "Gummo" was just weird and retarded and doesn’t hold up(like anything from the 90’s). I hated "Super Size Me" it made me want to eat McDonalds then throw it up and eat it again.

1 comment: