Monday, December 29, 2008

Henry Rollins and SST(maybe not as good as you thought)






Family Man is one of the gayest and stupidest records ever released. Black Flag had it good for awhile but then stupid Henry Rollins had to come along and blow by convincing the already stoned and dopey members of the group to put out this garbage and “Slip It In” (Urrrppp!) You’re not as confused as Nigel Are you? I can hear people say the same thing about Greg Ginn. Not all the drugs in the world will convince me that a half poetry half instrumental record by any Hardcore band is a good idea at all. Still not convinced you say? Then try and make it through this utube nugget!
Family Man

When I used to go to Sids records in Coral Springs Florida they had a lot of SST records,in fact they had so many that I had a hard time believing anything on that label was punk(or good) because I listened to a couple of em and they of course sucked(maybe I listened to Saccharine Trust or somebody just as awful). Now I know different(well kinda?)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SST_Records_discography
I mean look at the output here (look deep inside yourself and know it be true Skywalker) most of these bands suck or became shitty(or are straight up metal) Dinosaur Jr.? They’re metal right? The Minutemen are awesome (so there’s 1 besides Black Flag oh wait I like B'last too but they are a Black Flag clone) The Descendents count as a good band in the beginning (but look out now,they eventually sucked). The Meat Puppets! that’s as alternative as it gets Kennedy! See, I knew all along SST were nothing but a hippy factory,full of broken down hippy bands with peace and flower poetry spoken word records and metal so where does that leave America? Confused that’s where! Saint Vitus aren’t even metal, they’re garbage! Husker Du, I know nobody really likes them? This ‘Family Man” business should’ve been a warning that liberal pants would eventually form a boring self infatuated butt rock band like Rollins Band(Ok I did like the first tape,but it was since stolen and I’ve never felt like replacing it and even for free I might add) and it would all lead up to a lucrative career on IFC (and a crummy acting career) and poisoning peoples ears with bad poetry! Everyone should’ve seen it coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment